Friday, May 4, 2007

What a Great / Bad night of pro sports on TV

All of the sporting events on tv tonight have been highly entertaining tonight: some good. some bad.

First the good. Did anyone catch the Golden State / Dallas basketball game? How unbelieveable are the Warriors? I was pumped up the whole time I was watching the game and they are all high energy. I love how in your face Baron Davis and Steven Jackson can be. Baron Davis got into a confrontation with Austin Croshere at one point and I was waiting for Jackson to step in and sucker punch Croshere in the face old school style. But cooler heads prevailed unfortunately. And the Golden State crowd is amazing. I felt like I was watching a college basketball game at Cameron Indoor Arena with the Cameron Crazies. I don't think anyone in the crowd sat down the entire second half of the game. I can't wait to see who they'll be playing next. I would have preferred to see them take on the Phoenix Suns but apparently they're only able to play the winner of Utah-Houston so I'm banking on Houston taking Game 7 of that series so we can see Yao and Tracey McGrady try to take on this under-sized energetic team. One last thing I've noticed is that there seems to be one or two former Sixers scrubs on playoff teams. I can remember when Matt Barnes of Golden State and Anthony Parker of Toronto were just nobodies on the Sixers bench, usually only coming into games for clean up duties. Now they're starters on playoff teams?! Looks like Billy King might be dropping the ball with his player evaluations.

When I wasn't watching the basketball game, I had the Canucks-Ducks game on. It was yet another low scoring affair but it went to overtime and Roberto Luongo (my NHL mvp) was standing on his head making unbelievable saves and keeping the Canucks in the game. Altogether, I think Luongo had like sixty-some saves while his counterpart Giguere had like thirty saves. And of course the wors part was that the Ducks won on a fluke goal in the second overtime, winning the series four games to one. Number one on Vancouver's offseason checklist should be to find a goal scorer and / or top line center to encourage more scoring. If they succeed in doing that, then Luongo will carry the team to the Stanley Cup finals next year.

And the third and final sporting event that caught my attention tonight was the Phillies game against San Francisco. The Phils jumped out to a 9-2 lead but alas Adam Eaton and that piece of shit bullpen have given up 5 runs thus far (I turned off the game in the 8th inning and don't really care what the outcome is at this point) and the Phils are playing the part of bumbling idiots as usual.

All in all, this was a great night to just be sitting around, watching sports. Although I could have gone for a beer to accompany these games but drinking alone has never been my thing.

1 comment:

M said...

Hockey was cool 10 years ago.