Monday, May 21, 2007

FUCKING SKINHEADS

So I forgot to mention that there were a couple of skinheads at the MXPX show. I could tell from their obvious bald heads and how they had no right to be in a punk rawk pit. What also pissed me off, aside from their obvious beliefs, was they turned their backs on the band whenever they played one of their newer songs. Fucking skinheads. Go back to your neo-Nazi bullshit and stay away from any punk show I go to. I hate that skinheads and neo-Nazis have been able to associate themselves with punk rock and it's unfortunate that these fuckers have latched on to MXPX.

Oh and something that I found funny last night was when I pulled into the parking lot I usually park in and the guy came up to my car window to take my money and I had MXPX's cover of The Ramone's "KKK Took my Baby Away" blasting. He kind of gave me a look when he heard the chorus of the song. That's comedy gold...

2 comments:

TJ said...

Come on Dan you know just as well as anyone that Skindheads love punk. Add to the mix that once upon a time MXPX was a punk band and what you bring out are loyale fans that happen to be skinheads. And while you accepted the watered down money making changes the band made (we'll call it "maturing"), the skinheads remained true to their roots. Hate them for their blind abhoration of diversity, but not for their loyalty to music that once was pure. On second thought, why don't you just tell the skinheads they don't belong at a punk show.

danmanband said...

well then they might skin me... HEY-O