Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Bamboozle... I missed thee

Alright so I'm reading reviews of The Bamboozle Music Festival that happened up in East Rutherford, New Jersey, this past weekend, and I'm starting feel like I made a mistake in not going. I was originally turned off by the idea of going because A)I've endured multiple day musical festivals in the past (Skate & Surf Fest '03) that can take a toll on the body. B) the closer for Saturday night was My Chemical Romance and the closer for Sunday night was Linkin Park... fucking Linkin Park... unbelievable and finally C) I'm starting to become that creepy old guy that still goes to shows and can't let go of the scene while the median age of concert crowds these days is 16 or 17. And don't worry I'm not letting up on going to shows just yet! But yeah, I was fucking screwed from the get-go anyway because I had to take the GREs on Saturday and Cinco de Mayo happened to be that day as well, so there was no way I was making it there. But from the reviews here are a few things I missed:

- Thursday still puts on an amazing live show, regardless of the fact that their last album, "A City by the Light Divided" blew chunks. Here's to hoping they regain their musical composure for their next album.
- Bayside played a good mix of older and newer tunes during their set
- Dustin Kensrue and Teppei Teranishi of Thrice played an accoustic set that included a cover of "The Ballad of John and Yoko" - I love when the bands of today can throw out an homage to those who have come before them, especially a band like The Beatles
- Paramore played and I want to see them before they make it big because they're lead singer is hott and I hear she's got pretty good stage presence
- The Early November played their official last show ever
- The Starting Line debuted the title track from their new album that's coming out on July 30 (yes I'm still a TSL fan)
- Motion City Soundtrack played a couple of new songs from their upcoming album (one of the most anticipated albums of '07)
- I still have yet to see Circa Survive and I would have liked to see them live before the new album drops

Apparently one thing that I didn't miss out on Brand New's set. A lot of people said that they played a lackluster set and even played the same song twice because it was Jesse's favorite song. And they closed with Seventy Times 7 (my favorite Brand New song) but Jesse didn't even sing for most of the song. I've been turned off of Brand New live ever since the Dashboard / MXPX / Brand New two show debacle a couple of years back when both Brand New and MXPX played the exact same set on both days! (at the time MXPX had seven albums of material to work with but they decided to play songs from their newest and worst album at that time). So I didn't miss out on that.

But as a whole, it seems like I missed a really good time.

2 comments:

M said...

also...

MxPx suxx.

Thrice sucks.

The Beatles (BOY BAND) suck.

I concur..Linkin Park Sucks.

Did I mention The Beatles suck?

danmanband said...

marty you're a straight up scumbag