Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Primary Election... do I need to spell it out to you?

So I was doing my civic duty yesterday and voting in the Primary election at the local boro hall and the bastards running the polling machines set me up as if I were Republican without even asking. So I stepped out of the curtain, and explained to the guy that I was a Democrat and needed the voting machine adjusted. The guy at the voting machine next to me then stepped out from behind the curtain and asked whether he had to vote Republican or Democrat. He didn't want to settle on one or the other because he informed us that he usually votes for whoever he thinks is popular at the time on the traditional Election Day. Well why the fuck are you out voting in the Primary Election if a) you have no party affiliation and b) you're an uneducated twit who doesn't even know the purpose of the Primary Election. I already had a general understanding that the majority of people in my hometown were not the sharpest knives in the drawer and this guy was a prime example. He also exited the voting booth saying how excited he was that this was the first time he had gotten to vote for someone he had gone to high school with. Apparently, sir, you may have went to high school with that girl, but you certainly didn't graduate with her...

No comments: