Thursday, September 20, 2007

GENESIS concert...

Wednesday night, I had the pleasure of working the Genesis concert down at the Wachovia Center. Once I got over my hatred of the dreaded MGK prize wheel, I was able to take in some of the show and I learned a couple of things.

1) I'm definitely not a fan of prog-rock.
2) Genesis has more songs I don't know than I do know
3) Some of Genesis' songs seem to drag on forever
4) Dueling drums solos are definitely uncalled for and a waste of time
5) I think I enjoy Phil Collins' solo work better than the music of Genesis

So it may seem that I hated seeing Genesis from the comments I had about the show, but in reality it was actually entertaining. We were actually able to take in about 45 minutes of the show, in seats on the side of the stage and it sounded pretty good. But, other than that, the night just seemed to drag on.

No comments: