Saturday, September 29, 2007

Fantasy Football Week 3 Analysis

BRETT FAVRE... BRETT FAVRE... BRETT FAVRE... the man that carried my fantasy team to the championship last year is saving my season again. The Matt Leinart experiment is all but over in both of my leagues after he was replaced by Kurt Warner in the second half of the Cardinals game and Warner was a lot more successful. Now all I need is for the Cardinals to name Warner their starter and then I'll be able to pick up a bonafided number two starter (or in the case of Bri's league a number one). This week I pulled off wins in both leagues as I took on the managers of both of my leagues Bri and TJ.

In Bri's "Pardon the Interception IV" league, I dodged the below-par performances of Matt Leinart, Reggie Wayne, Calvin Johnson, and Shaun Alexander to beat Bri's team 108-94 thanks to huge games by Donald Driver and RONNIE BROWN... YES YES the Ronnie Brown pick of the second round of the draft final paid off with a 35 fantasy point performance. Luckily, Bri's running back combination of Steven Jackson and Deuce McAllister popped a squat so I was able to overcome the performances of Jon Kitna and Housh on his team. This week I'm taking on a team that according to the predicted scores, I'm evenly matched against but I'm feeling a loss coming on because half of my team is on the Probable / Questionable list (which means at least one player I start probably won't play) and I've resorted to starting Chad Pennington because he's the only viable QB left on the Waiver Wire.

In TJ's "Definately Ditka" league, I handily took down TJ's team with monster performances from Brett Favre, Roy Williams, Joseph Addai, and Dallas' defense. And here's the best part: BRETT FAVRE outscored TJ's Peyton Manning this week. Obviously, I was orignially scared shitless to have to play against Peyton but BRETT FAVRE beat him. YES YES. So of course TJ had no chance after that. So with my QB position finally stable with Favre at the helms, I've now got to work on moving Willis McGahee because Adrian Peterson has been tearing it up on my bench and I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this. I'm heavily favored to win this week coming up but looks can be deceiving and I'm not going to get too full of myself like a certain Dusty who enjoys bragging about his goddamn Patriots players.

No comments: