Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fantasy Football Week 2 Analysis

So maybe I jumped to some conclusions after my teams' poor performances in Week One. Week Two gave me the opposite results of Week One with both of my teams fucking dominating. But we'll see if it can hold up throughout the season.

In Bri's "Pardon the Interception IV" league, I got a huge scare from Clavin's team because he got huge games from Carson Palmer, Dallas Clark, and Chicago's defense. Luckily his running backs were Leon Washington, Chris Brown and his flex was Laurence Maroney who combined for a total of 5 fantasy points. In regards to Maroney, I might be looking like a bit of genius for picking up his backup, Sammy Morris who scored a touchdown and had 51 rushing yards with limited reps. We'll see how that pans out. Anyway, I got some strong performances from Donald Driver, Calvin Johnson, Todd Heap, and Neil Rackers, and was just able to fend off Clavin's late second surge from David Akers and Santana Moss. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get crushed this week, with my quarterback situation still pretty crappy and to make matters worse, Leinart is taking on Baltimore this week so I'm looking at negative points from him (my back up is JP Losman who's taking on New England, FUCK). I'm taking on Bri's team this week and he's looking primed to give me an ass whoopin'.

In TJ's "Definately Ditka" league, I scored the league's highest point total this season while destroying my opponent. I got a huge boost from the ageless wonder, BRETT FAVRE who seems primed to save my team once again this year. Keep in mind, Brett was the QB of my team last year that made it to the championship. My experiment with Matt Leinart once again blew up in my face in this league as well. But yeah my whole team dominated with the big problem coming out of this week is the injury to Andre Johnson. I've got Santonio Holmes waiting in the wings and I think he's due for a big game this week against San Francisco. My problem this week going against TJ's team will be the fact that he has Peyton Manning and I'm going to be playing Brett Favre who has to oppose a San Diego defense that will probably be trying to redeem itself after getting their asses handed to them by New England. But there is hope. Houston usually matches up well with Indy and their defense has improved this year so they could give Peyton a run for his money.

Optimism is high right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just to clarify, you had the SECOND highest point total for the week.