Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fantasy Football Week 1 Analysis

After a first week of turbulent NFL action, all three of my fantasy football teams are 0-1 and things aren't looking very optimistic. To put it in the simplest terms possible... I'M FUCKED. I'm not going to bother talking about my Yahoo public league because who gives a shit about that.

In Bri's "Pardon the Interception IV" league, I got my ass handed to me by Plaxico Burress (3 touchdowns), Peyton Manning (3 touchdowns), and Jason Witten (1 touchdown, 116 yds). That's basically the team I had last year in Bri's league so here's hoping Plexiglass bombs like he did last year. My team had no shows from Matt Leinart, Ronnie Brown, and Dallas' defense. I think I even managed to get negative points from the defense. So I quickly tried to clean up my defensive act by picking up Indy's speedy defense in the hope that they're not just a one week fluke.

In TJ's "Definately Ditka" league, my team is hindered by a faulty scoring system in the league. I failed to take a look at the scoring system prior to the draft and failed to notice that this is a QB-favored league. You get 4 points per touchdown thrown and a point per completion among other things. I'm fucked in that I drafted as if it were a RB-favored league, failing to notice that there isn't even a flex position on the starting roster. So right now, I've got Joseph Addai and Willis McGahee starting, with Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch wasting away on the bench. And because TJ is a fuck, it's going to cost me $5 per trade. I've now got to figure out how to wrangle away one of the top QBs from someone and also which RB will be expendable. Back to the scoring of my Week 1 matchup with Dusty. Dusty is going to ride the Patriots for everything they're worth this year, with Tom Brady as his QB and Randy Moss as one of his WRs. He lucked out big time this week. So Brady and Moss basically singlehandedly destroyed my team which was once again sunk by Leinart and Dallas's defense. So Dusty can gloat all he wants, but I should be able to come up with some kind of trade with my overstock of RBs in my war chest.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fortunate for Dan I only have Tom Brady and Randy Moss on my team or else I'd have the highest point score in the league for week 1. I really don't know what i was thinking not drafting any other players like Chad Johnson and Larry Johnson but I didn't want to ride too many Johnsons because its bad strategy to put stock in good players that may or may not be related.
Further to that point, it's a really good thing I didn't draft Heath Miller either because his name contains Heath with could be short "Heath Bar" and Miller obviously is a tasty beverage, but their combination would probably make you sick. Thus I should stay away from that deadly combination as well. As for defense, I really lucked out again for not picking San Diego, two part name by God, who knows what kind of trouble that would bring me.
All that in mind, you know I really lucked out in my first week against Dan, cause had I not been so cautious, I might of ended up with the highest scoring team in the league for week 1. Really, really lucky.

M said...

hahaha ride a johnson