Sunday, August 19, 2007

Pat Benatar / Neil Giraldo show...



One of the many perks of my job at the radio station is that I get paid to attend concerts and I was certainly treated to an amazing show Thursday night at the Keswick when Pat Benatar and her songwriter husband Neil Giraldo came to town. I was a little skeptical at first being that Pat Benatar is now in her 50's, but she can still rock out with the best of them. It was amazing how many songs I knew as she ran through her catalog of songs. And her vocal range was off the charts so she is able to hit the highest of notes and some of the lower notes as well. So her voice was amazing and Neil Giraldo can still wail on the guitar as well and the acoustics in the Keswick are top notch so it sounded awesome.

Highlights of the night for me:
- Seeing a few women dressed up as the 80's Pat Benatar. It was straight out of Fast Times at Ridgemont High. And they were pretty hott as well... wink wink
- I'm pretty sure Marissa, who I was working with, was jealous because this girl probably in her early 20's with a nice rack was checking me out hardcore every time she walked by. I returned the stares and even prominently displayed my crotch as is the customary reply. Marissa aptly nicknamed her "Boobs McGee." But Marissa had me beat with the usual round of creepy old guys unsuccessfully trying to flirt with her.
- Being given folding chairs at the back of the theater to sit and watch the show. The people at the Keswick are always extremely accomodating to the MGK crew, even giving us free bottles of water.
- Pat Benatar has a ton of lesbians for fans. Everywhere I looked there were women that looked like guys. Tons of butch lesbians. One that stood out to me, was a woman wearing a t-shirt that said "Define Girlfriend". Yup she was a lesbian.
- Luckily there were a ton of scantily clad older women to offset all the women playing for the other team. Apparently concerts are the one time when moms feel they can just let loose, wear something provocative, get drunk, and then ask the guy working the MGK table if he wants to "booby-trap" them. Just another one of the perks of my job.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know Dan instead of thrusting your cock at the hot girl giving you the looks, try making some moves on her that won't get you arrested.