Thursday, August 30, 2007

NEW Dashboard album.... sure why not.



Dashboard Confessional's new album, "The Shade of Poison Apples" is coming out and it's a return to Chris Carrabba's original acoustic sound and I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty hyped to hear the album. I was disappointed in "A Mark, A Mission..." and the album that followed that but I'm definitely down for a return to Dashboard's roots. I've already listened to "Little Bombs" and "Thick as Thieves" on the band's myspace and the goods are definitely on display. I'll be the first to admit that back in high school, I was one of those 'woe is me' kids who ate up every word that Chris Carrabba and any other emo band had to offer, but listening to those two new songs took me back a little bit (don't worry I'm not crying in my room or thinking about slitting my wrists) to some of the best days of my life, high school. Plus, Dashboard was the reason that I bought an acoustic guitar and was able to eventually grow some balls and play open mics in front of people instead of just spending all my time playing along to mxpx songs in my room. So I'm going to represent and pick up this new album when it hits the streets on October 2nd.

1 comment:

M said...

I knew there was a new album coming out but I was unaware that it was going to be the "classic" Dashboard sound.

I am looking forward to this.