Thursday, April 17, 2008

We're talking Politics...blah

With the Pennsylvania Primary coming up next Tuesday, the Debate between Hillary and Obama had my full attention because I'm still on the fence as to who to vote for. After that less than festive debate, I find myself leaning a little more towards Hillary but I'm not completely satisfied just yet. I thought that some of the questions that were debated were pretty trivial and shouldn't affect who we vote for. I don't really care if Obama accused small town Pennsylvanians of being bitter about losing their jobs and clinging to religion and guns. It's the truth in a sense. That's what religion and guns are - a means of salvation for those less fortunate. And why should this topic dominate a half hour of the debate when there are more important things to discuss like the economy, Social Security, and Iraq. It's funny that those topics took second stage to questions about Obama's pastor and Hillary's jaded account of arriving in Bosnia under sniper fire. Topics like that and abortion are what seem to dominate people's decisions as to who to vote for anymore and it's one of the reasons that we've been stuck with someone who drove our economy into the ground for eight years...

Also on an interesting side note, Rep Jim Sestak's people placed a call to my house last night while I was watching the debate asking whether myself or my mom would be interested in working the polls on Tuesday... shouldn't they be watching the debate instead of placing phone calls that will distract their constituents from the debate??

No comments: