Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Recently Purchased Albums That I Can't Get Enough of...

It's been a slow year so far in regards to releases but I'm finding some hidden gems out there / picking up on what the latest "it" bands are so give all of these albums a listen:

Vampire Weekend - Self Titled
Yes Marty I know you had been talking about them for weeks but they didn't get my full attention until their performances on SNL... now I can't get enough of them
A Day To Remember - For Those Who Have Heart
Another one of those pop-punk hardcore hybrids along the same lines as Four Year Strong
Kate Nash - Made of Bricks
A lovely British songbird with infectious lyrics and an adorable British accent which I love
FOALS - Antidotes
Another Marty recommendation, I haven't given the album a full listen yet, but I'll be seeing them with Marty at Johnny Brenda's next week... should be a good show from what I've heard thus far
Foxy Shazam - Introducing Foxy Shazam
Some piano-centric music with vocals reminiscent of Chiodos
Panic at the Disco - Pretty. Odd.
They've dropped the exclamation mark from their title and that's not the only thing that's dropped out. It seems that they're trying to distance themselves from pop-punk and instead trying to cop off The Beatles with a Sgt Pepper's-esque change of music... still haven't been able to fully bond with this album yet

Upcoming Album Releases I'm Anticipating - New Found Glory / International Super Heroes of Hardcore (NFG's hardcore alter-ego), Paper Rival, Forever the Sickest Kids, Neil Diamond, Flight of the Conchords, REGGIE AND THE FULL EFFECT

No comments: