Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Final Verdict: I KNOW COLLEGE BASKETBALL

So another March Madness has come and gone and for a second year in a row, I'm in the money. I was able to finish in the Top 3 in both pools that I was in giving me a winnings grand total of $150!! And the key to success in both pools was picking Kansas to win it all...

In my Dad's work pool, I miracuously rode the Kansas wave to a 3rd place finish and $75... I took a hit in all of my pools by not having Memphis is the Final, let alone the Final Four, but my best guess as to how I was able surpass six people going from 9th place to 3rd would be that everyone had UNC winning it all. HAHA SUCKERS...

And in my Aunt's work pool, I had to relinquish my first place status to a guy who had picked the Kansas-Memphis final and Kansas as the winner. So Memphis definitely bit me in the butt. But with a Second place finish in this pool, I doubled my winnings from my Dad's pool with another $75.

Finally, in my for amusement only pool (Bri's), I finished a respectable second behind Bri's friend Steve Laird. Obviously finishing in first for a second year in a row would have been better, but I still beat Bri, Marty, and slew of other people so I've got some bragging rights to exercise...

All in all, another successful year in picking my college basketball brackets... maybe I've got a future in bracketology...

No comments: