Monday, February 4, 2008

18 & 1!!!... 18 & 1!!!

I can't remember the last time I've taken so much joy in seeing a team lose. Super Bowl 42 was very kind to me this year in allowing the New York Giants to defeat the New England Patriots and ruin their bid for a perfect season (regular season and playoffs). Being that I'm an Eagles fan, I really didn't want to have to root for the Giants, but I started to take to them with their almost unstoppable front seven on defense and Eli Manning, the good ol' boy. But I've got multiple reasons to hate the Patriots so I had no problem rooting against them. New England had previously beaten the Eagles in the Super Bowl, and they blew out the Dolphins twice in the regular season. Throw in the fact that I have a real disdain for anything Boston and you've got the most hated team in professional sports in my world.

I also took great joy this morning in reading The Sports Guy's reaction to the whole game and how his most lasting memory will be of the chants of "18 & 1" by Giants fans in the parking lot outside the Super Bowl after the game. I LOVE IT.

I'd also like to say that the "Super Bowl Party" at Marty's house for the game was a great success. I ate and drank way too much and was in a bit of a food coma by half time. I resorted to sitting on the couch and belittling Clavin, who for some odd reason decided to root for the Patriots. Apparently, if Tom Brady was your QB in fantasy football, then you tend to root for his team the rest of the year (I'm looking at you Dusty) even after the fantasy football season is over. And my food preparations went over pretty well. I was able to successfully make the "Ditka Special" kielbasa that always goes over well. I also introduced everyone to a taco meat and cheese dip that I stole from Melissa. I gorged myself on that for most of the night and I paid the price for that this morning... Also mad props to Brian for making everyone t-shirts with some memorable lyrics from some classic hip hop songs.

No comments: