Tuesday, January 8, 2008

FANTASY FOOTBALL RESULTS...

Alright I was a bit of a liar... I had said that I was going to be continually updating my blog but it's been extremely busy around here lately so I dropped the ball... Nonetheless, I am back yet again and this time for good.

So in case anyone was curious I'm going to run down the results of the two fantasy football leagues that I was in.

In Bri's "Pardon the Interception IV" league, I finished in dead last...DEAD LAST. I was doomed from the start, having drafted Matt Leinart and JP Losman as my quarterbacks and for having the gusto to draft Shaun Alexander as my number one RB. I was almost able to redeem myself with my gutsy drafting of Ronnie Brown, who almost singlehandedly kept my team afloat early on in the season... but alas he blew out his knee and that was the last straw for my team. Of course it didn't help that everyone in Bri's league were fantasy hawks, picking up backup players seconds after the starting player was injured. The majority of the time, I wasn't near a computer when something like this would happen, so I was out of luck. Highlight of the season would have to be when one of my starting RBs, Priest Holmes, decided to go into retirement while he was still in my starting lineup. That sums up my year right there.

In TJ's "Definately Ditka" league, I almost shot myself in the foot in the draft forgetting that QBs get a point per completion and not drafting a QB until the middle rounds - Matt Leinart once again (drafting him in both leagues was supposed to make me look like a genius). But luckily, I made sure to draft Brett Favre as my backup, who just so happened to have a renaissance this year and blew up BIG time... definitely saved my season. I also got a little bold in drafting some unproven rookie RBs (Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch) to accent Joseph Addai and Willis McGahee so I was definitely a genius in that sense. The rest of my team was pretty decent and steady for the whole year and I ended up finishing second in the regular season. Of course in first place was Dusty's Evil Empire of a team, riding Tom Brady and Randy Moss for everything they were worth.

In the semifinal round of the playoffs, I lucked out big time going against Team Loges when Adrian Peterson broke out of his slump to have a decent game leading me to a one point win over Loges. Unfortunately, the team that Dusty was playing, Mooseknuckle, was a moron and apparently didn't pay attention to his team. He played Dusty's team in a week when both Tom Brady and Randy Moss played poor games and all Mooseknuckle had to do was play Philly's Defense (against Dallas) instead of Detroit's Defense (against San Diego). He played Detroit's D, he lost by only a couple of points, and I was forced to play Dusty's team which consisted of Brady and Moss, who both were hungry to break single-season TD records. So in addition to both of them having good games during the championship week, the majority of players on my team decided to take a dive as a whole, and I was blown out by the Evil Empire. Dusty won and continues to gloat about it. For the second year in a row, I finished 2nd in TJ's league, but I still did win some money so you can't beat that...I guess...

Don't worry I'll be even more ready for next season... I'm already starting to devise some plans

No comments: