Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dave & Buster's Debauchery

So last night, we had a post-Christmas party at Dave & Buster's for the ground crew that works at WMGK... We had free food (mini-pizzas, chicken tenders, taco bar, etc.), pool tables, and $10 game cards for each person. Drinks weren't free, but since I ended up carpooling with some people, I decided to make up for the money I saved by spending it on booze. Needless to say, I ended up drinking a fair amount, even managing to save some money by getting a free soda and filling it with bourbon, courtesy of Gill's flask...haha. To add to the enjoyment of the game room, Gill had managed to get two $25 gift certificates, one we put towards a game card, the other to pay off part of our bar bill. Now, I'm not usually much of a video game guy, but I enjoy some of the shooter games every once in a while. And then decided to parlay the game card into winning tickets to put towards meaningless prizes. And we hit the jackpot... We found a machine that had to be malfunctioning because every time you'd swipe the card the max amount of times allowed, you'd win 500 tickets just for shooting a ball into a hole. So we racked up some tickets and went on a shopping spree. Unfortunately, someone had decided to buy extra large pixie sticks with their tickets and someone decided to dump a good amount of that sugar shit into one of my beers which was extremely disgusting. But since the beer was so expensive, I had no choice but to finish it... horrible. But one of the highlights of the night had to be Joe C doing lines of pixie stick sugar off of the back of Gill's next as Gill was trying to concentrate while playing one of the games... I guess you had to be there to find it as funny as we did.

So you ask what did I end up buying with my plethora of tickets? Well I decided to get everyone some candy, a Homer Simpson doll, Al Lee ended up getting himself a Bartman doll with some of my tickets (not sure how he pulled that off), and then I ended up getting a pink Care Bear for my lady of interest... a pink Care Bear?... yeah I was definitely into my drinks that night...haha

No comments: