Monday, January 28, 2008

Cloverfield....the movie

So on Saturday night, I went to see Cloverfield with Maureen and as everyone had been saying, it was a pretty good movie. It was shot using handheld cameras, ala Blair Witch Project, and apparently there are some people out there who get sick with the jerky movements of the camera but I didn't really have a problem. You just had to look off screen every once in a while to balance your equilibrium. Other than that, the movie was pretty entertaining and action packed. Contrary to the rumors that you don't really get a good look at the monster, it was shown on camera multiple times at different angles so you get a general idea of the make up of the beast.

Because the movie was done by JJ Abrams, the man who brought the world LOST, Maureen is convinced that she can convert me to the "dark side" as a viewer of LOST, but I've never seen an episode of LOST and I never have up until now, mainly because I was spiting my Mom. Keep in mind that I do things in spite of people because I enjoy it, not necessarily because I don't like the person. So we'll see where that goes...

No comments: