Wednesday, January 9, 2008

American Gladiators: The Next Generation

Growing up, I was a HUGE fan of American Gladiators - I even remember the names of the main hosts: Mike Adamle and Larry Csonka. And I love watching re-runs of American Gladiators which currently run on ESPN Classic. So when I found out they were remaking American Gladiators, I was skeptical and intrigued all at the same time. After having watched parts of the first three episodes here are my thoughts on American Gladiators 2.0.:

- Hulk Hogan and Laila Ali are horrible hosts... Hulk needs to take some time off and let his divorce sink in and Laila needs to go back to boxing.

- I found out that at any one time, there are 23 different cameras taping any one scene. So instead of NBC just using the best angle out of all 23, they've decided to switch back and forth from all of the angles, affecting the frame of time, and giving me somewhat of a headache.

- The new crop of gladiators aren't as dominate as the gladiators in the original version. Too many of the competitors were scoring high in the events.

- I enjoy the introduction of fire and water to the proceedings. It's added incentive to win the event. Instead of landing on the pillow soft mats, you're gonna get soaked.

- In the Eliminator, they should have the inclined treadmill and the hand bike at the beginning of the event, not towards the end when the competitors are exhausted. Those are the two toughest obstacles of the Eliminator and with the competitors being exhausted when they get to them, they don't really put up too much of a fight. Basically everyone was falling off the hand bike and everyone struggled on the treadmill... AND where are the penalties for falling off the hand bike or rolling log?? AND why do the Gladiators have no involvement in the Eliminator?? That's bullshit.

- And finally, I've found the female gladiators to be extremely hott this time around. I'll leave you with some pictures of the Gladiators and my thoughts on each of them.

CRUSH

I've got a "CRUSH" on her...HAHAHAHA
She's a MMA fighter which is awesome and she's the hottest Gladiator on there. I'd let her kick my ass any day...

SIREN

She looks like a bad ass but I bet she's got a heart of gold

VENOM

She might be a little too muscular for me but there's still something about her...

STEALTH

That outfit doesn't leave much to the imagination

FURY

That pony tail was left over from the 90's verson of American Gladiators

HELLGA
(Picture not included)
She's the size of a linebacker and her name is Hellga so that scares me...

No comments: