Monday, July 23, 2007

THE POLICE... in concert



One of the benefits of working for a radio station, is being able to get paid to attend concerts. So on Thursday, MGK broadcast live right outside of Citizen's Bank Park for The Police's 30th Anniversary Reunion Tour and I was working.

This event initially looked to be a disaster because we were told by the Citizen's Bank Park people that only our DJ was allowed inside of the stadium and we were to go no where near inside, thus preventing us from watching the show. Luckily, since we were right by the entrance to the stadium, anyone who was unable to sell their extra tickets in the parking lot were just dropping off the extra tickets at our tent for our own personal use. So by the time that the concert was about to start, we accumulated about 10-15 tickets between ourselves and our co-workers at the MMRmy.

So with these extra tickets, I was able to watch about 45 minutes of The Police's set and musically, it was pretty amazing. Obviously, I now have the bragging rights to say that I've seen The Police in concert, but what's even more awesome is the fact that Sting, Andy Summers, & Stewart Copeland are all talented musicians and they know how to put on a good show.

The only problem I had with the show was the fact that it was in a stadium and the stage was out in deep centerfield. So it was pretty difficult to even see them on stage. And what made matters worse, was that the sound was not matching up with the video on the screen. There was about a 2-3 second delay and its the minor things in life that always bother me so that was definitely getting to me. But just being able to experience their music live was pretty awesome. I'm definitely planning on working their next concert when they return to the Wachovia Center (a better place to see a show than the Cit) on November 14th.

Oh and I can't forget that myself, Adam, and Lauren raided Goodwill for Police uniforms to wear in celebration of the concert. And I definitely got my picture taken with Sting and some nice pretty ladies.

1 comment:

M said...

The Police suck live.

Zenyatta is their best work...and none of them have the chops to play that shiz anymore.