Saturday, April 28, 2007

NFL DRAFT COMPLAINTS SO FAR...

Being that I am both an Eagles fan and a Miami Dolphins fan, I've got a lot to complain about so far in this draft. First off my criticisms of the draft in general. Because I spend most of my time at work on espn.com and reading the Philadelphia Daily News, there's been way too much coverage of this fucking draft. I've seen so many mock drafts leading up to the real draft and you know what, none of them were really like how it turned out. And I'm fucking tired of seeing Mel Kiper and his fucking hair on tv. And 15 minutes for each team in the first round of the draft is way too long. Ten minutes should suffice.

So back to my criticisms of my two teams. First the Dolphins. Alright so I was watching the draft as I was cleaning up my room and I saw that Cleveland, who most mock drafts had taking Brady Quinn, took Tackle Joe Thomas with the third pick. Looking at the teams that stood between then and the Dolphins 9th pick, none of those teams really needed a quarterback so I started getting psyched about the possibility of the Dolphins drafting Quinn and forgetting about that fuck face Daunte Culpepper. So while the Dolphins were on the clock, ESPN's reporter interviewed Brady about the possibility of being drafted by the Dolphins and then with about 3 minutes left on the clock, she asked if he had gotten a phone call from the Dolphins and he said no. Right then and there I knew they weren't going to pick him and I started getting pissed. Then the Commish made the announcement that they had selected Ted Ginn Jr. and I flipped out. Ted Ginn jr (you've read it here first) will be nothing more than a #2 or #3 wide receiver and did not deserve top 10 pick status. He probably won't even be fully recovered from his foot injury to make a significant contribution this year. I enjoyed at Cam Cameron's announcement at a season ticket holder's draft party when everyone was booing him and yelling some explicitives at him. In the second round, the Dolphins did the right thing and draft BYU's John Beck, who according to ESPN's plethora of experts is basically the same quarterback as Brady but he'll cost a lot less money to sign. The only knock I have on John Beck is that a) he's 25 and b) he's Mormon (if you've seen South Park's Mormon episode you'd agree with me haha). We'll see how this all plays out.

Now the Eagles tried to top the Dolphins in futility and I think they've succeeded thus far. Going into the draft, everyone was talking about how they needed to draft a safety and/or cornerback in the first round. Some of the players mentioned included Nelson from Florida and Merriweather from Miami and both came off the board before the Eagle's pick. So instead of drafting another corner or safety, the Eagles trade their pick to the fucking Cowboys who used their pick on a DE. As Chris Berman said, "If this guy is sacking Donovan McNabb next season, there's going to be hell to pay from the Philly fans and the media. But the Eagles did end up getting another 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick, and 6th? round pick in this trade. So with their first 2nd round pick, I was looking at some of the players still available and there still were a couple guys I had seen mentioned as players of interest for the Eagles. So what do they do with this pick? They draft a QUARTERBACK who wasn't even considered one of the top 3 quarterbacks still available on the board. A QUARTERBACK?! you gotta be kidding me. That's it the Eagles officially topped the Dolphins on who has had a worse draft so far. I'll have another update as this draft progresses.

2 comments:

Red House said...

Pffff. All very sad. All very true.

Except that until it becomes obvious in-season... Brady Quinn is the greatest. (and better than Beck).

You betta you betta you bet.

Superozman said...

Completely agree, and now they are still showing draft grades. HOW THE HELL CAN OYU GRADE A DRAFT WHEN THEY HAVEN"T PLAYED!! People are idiots.