Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Starting Line are Breaking up?!

They had been publicizing on AP.net for the past week about The Starting Line having a big announcement to make and they had chosen AP.net as a place to have an "online press conference". Sure enough, the band announced that they wouldn't be breaking up or taking a hiatus, but instead they would simply be taking some time off which could be a few months... or even a few years. In laymen's terms, they are basically breaking up. All of the members of the band have different side projects going on so that'll be taking up their time and keeping them from reuniting.

The Starting Line is one of those bands that I started listening to in high school, when I was most impressionable musically. They've never put out an album that I didn't love and I'm extremely disappointed they're breaking up, but at the same time I've heard good things about the side projects that they're producing.

They're going to be playing one last show in Philadelphia at the Electric Factory on Friday, April 18th with Bayside and Four Year Strong so I am strongly considering going. Anyone who wants to come is welcome to join me. I'll be purchasing tickets in the very near future because there is a good chance it's going to sell out.

No comments: