Monday, March 10, 2008

EWE TOO ROCKS ME - Bad Acoustics...

This past Friday, EWE TOO ROCKS ME made a return to Marty Magee's to a festive crowd that had been hyped up by a Hometown Broadcast at Magee's that same day and it was a disaster...womp womp. Unfortunately for the band, our drummer Gooch had contracted some kind of respiratory infection where he was coughing up blood and was left weakened like a frail boy. So at the last minute, the rest of ETRM decided to go about playing the set acoustically, unplugged while still trying to keep the excitement of our regular show... BAD IDEA. We were only able to practice the night before show acoustically, so we already had that going against us. Throw in the fact that I've been fighting off a cold for the past two weeks and that just spells disaster...

I ended up losing my voice one song into our set...yes one song into the set. And because it was an acoustic show, we had added some songs I had previously done on my own at open mic nights so I was going to be doing even more singing then I usually do which is pretty tough to do when you don't have a voice. So I was singing off key all night, apparently the sound from the guitars never was right, and we learned a valuable lesson about using acoustic guitars as opposed to electric: electric guitars can hide any mistakes you make while playing; acoustics can't...

The crowd for the most part seemed to be having as good of a time as they possibly could. But as musicians, we were pretty disappointed in our performance so we'll chalk this one up as a bad show. As a band, ETRM seems to be folowing this trend of playing a good show, and then following it up with a bad show. Which can only be good news for our show that we're supposedly doing as the opening band for A Certain Tragedy at the Wharf Tavern in Aston... Hopefully we can redeem ourselves...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.